Quick & Easy CGPA Calculator for CBSE & Engineering - How to Calculate CGPA Guide
If you are student or teacher you can easily find CGPA Grade Point and percentage using this free CGPA Calculator online tool.
The CBSE Board provides its score in terms CGPA. Despite the fact that CGPA is listed in student reports, most students don't know how to calculate it. This article will help you understand the concept of CGPA if you have difficulty understanding it.
There are two methods by which you can calculate your CGPA.
- Calculate CGPA using marks
- Calculate CGPA using grades
CGPA Calculator Online Tool
1. How to Calculate CGPA from Marks
In CGPA calculator there are five main subjects and one optional subject. User will have to enter marks in first five subjects which are compulsary. Subject six is optional.
Also this calculator has provided option to change outof marks. Bydefault the value is 100, but user can change it as per the requirements
Once you click on Calculate button, this Marks to CGPA Calculator will show you CGPA point alongwith Percentage
2. How to Calculate CGPA from Grades
Sometimes there are situation where you know grade of the marks and not actual value of the marks. Using this online cgpa calculator we can easily find CGPA and percentage.
To calcuate CGPA from Grades user will have to select grade from the grade dropdown, the values can be A1,A2,B1,B2,C1,C2,D,E1,E2.
After you click on Calculate button, this Grade to CGPA Calculator online tool will calculate CGPA point alongwith Percentage. Please refer below Grade Chart for Grade Code and Value
CGAP GRADE CHART
|91 to 100||A1||10|
|81 to 90||A2||9|
|71 to 80||B1||8|
|61 to 70||B2||7|
|51 to 60||C1||6|
|41 to 50||C2||5|
|33 to 40||D||4|
|21 to 32||E1||0|
|00 to 20||E2||0|
The objective of this article is to know how to calculate the CGPA. So first we we will undestand what is CGAP
What is CGPA
CGPA stands for cumulative grade point average. It was introduced by the CCE, Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation System (Class X). CGPA is the average grade point for student performance in all subjects, excluding any additional Subject.
Grades are used to record the subject-wise performance of students. You can convert CGPA to Percentage to find out how many percentages you have achieved in your board exams.
Why CGPA is used
The CGPA system is used to indicate the student's overall academic performance in the academic session. It also denotes grades. To ease the pressure of exams and reduce the amount of marks required, the CGPA system was created.
The CGPA system can also be used in Master's and Bachelor's degrees.
Advantages of CGPA
- Grading has been introduced by the CGPA system. This has helped to reduce the pressure to score higher marks, as the marks are not recorded on the report cards.
- Different subjects may be given different attention depending on the grade. It is easy to determine the ability and performance of subjects.
- Students can be broken down into different groups. Teachers can then pay more attention to the different groups.
- It gives students a clear picture of their academic strengths and weaknesses.
Disadvantages of CGPA
- This is not a true result. The grades don't accurately reflect the student's performance.
- 91 marks are A1 in the CGPA system. 100 marks are A1. A score of 89 equals A2 and 92 equals A1. This is a significant difference in grade, but it is only 3 marks.
Difference between GPA and CGPA
GPA stands for grade point average and refers to the student's grades in a semester or term. CGPA differs from GPA because CGPA refers to the cumulative grades earned by the student throughout the year or course.
While GPA and CGPA are both measures of a student's abilities, CBSE determines the CGPA. However, the GPA is not determined by the CBSE curriculum. The colleges that use the CGPA system calculate students' GPAs. Different colleges use different criteria to calculate the GPA of students.
The fundamental difference between GPA and GPA is that GPA refers to Grades earned over a term, while CGPA refers to Grades received over a course or whole year.
Difference between Percentage & CGPA
While it is impossible to say which system is better or worse, there are some facts that can be considered. Each system has its pros and cons.
Because it doesn't give exact details about the marks earned by students, the CGPA system can be inaccurate.
It allows students to focus on learning and not score higher. Every thing in the world has two sides, just like a coin. These systems have both good and bad sides. Both systems work to improve the academic performance of students and are both good.
How to Calculate CGPA Manually & How CGPA Calculator for CBSE Works
These are the easy steps to calculate the Cumulative Grade Points average manually. Please follow below steps to calculate CGPA
- Add the Grade Points (GP) of the 5 main subjects.
- Sum up all grade points and then divide result with with 5
- The resultant is the Cumulative Grade Points Average.
CGPA Calculation Formula:
- Five main subjects are represented as Sub1,Sub2,Sub3,Sub4,Sub5
- So Grade point(GP) is calculated as sum of all subjects GP = Sub1+Sub2+Sub3+Sub4+Sub5
- CGPA is Average of Sum of Grade Points CGPA=GP/5
Now we will undestand this process with real example
if suppose you have obtained grades in following subjects
Subject1 = 8
So Grade point(GP) is calculated as
CGA is calculated as
CGPA = 9
How to convert CGPA to Percentage
CGPA to Percentage conversion is required to know how much percentage you have obtained. You will not be able to calculate exact percentage from CGPA to Percentage calculator but you will get rough estimated percentage.
Simply multiply the CGPS Score with 9.5 to convert CGPA to percentage.
- To convert 9.4 CGPA to percentage
- multiply 9.4 CGAP with 9.5
- The percentage is 9.3 X 9.5 = 88.4
How to convert Percentage to CGPA
Percentage to CGPA is reverse process of CGPA to Percentage calculation. To calculate CGPA from percentage you will have to divide percentage value with 9.5
- To convert 88 percentage to CGPA
- divide 88 percentage with 9.5
- The CGPA value is 88 / 9.5 = 9.3
CGPA to Percentage calculation reference chart
Percentage to CGPA Calculator for Engineering - How to Calculate Percentage from CGPA
According to the Indian grading system. The percentage conversion to CGPA is different for each university. This is how to calculate CGPA for Engineering.
So the cgpa calculation formula is Percentage/9.5 = CGPA
For example, the total marks obtained from 6 subjects is 400 outof 600.
- Calculate the total percentage, i.e. 400/600*100 = 66%
- To calculate CGPA from percentage, you will have to divide percentage by 9.5 66/9.5= 6.9 CGPA approx.
- You can use above Percentage to CGPA calculator for Engineering
CGPA to Percentage Calculator for Engineering
CGPA to Percentage calculation is reverse process of percentage to CGPA calculation.
So the formula is Percentage = CGPA * 9.5
For example, the total percentage obtained from 6 subjects is 7.8%.
- To calculate percentage from CGPA, you will have to multiple CGPA value with 9.5
- Percentage = 7.8*9.5= 74.2%
- You can use above CGPA to Percentage calculator for Engineering
What is SGPA
SGPA stands to indicate Semester Grade Point Average. Many universities use this grading system. It is mathematically the weighted average of grades in different subjects, with credits allotted to each subject acting as weights.
Difference between CGPA & SGPA
Semester Grade Point Average, or SGPA is a grade point average that is calculated at semester's end. The formula to calculate SGPA is the sum total credit points for each subject divided by the semester's credits. Cumulative grade point average, or CGPA, is used to assess the academic performance of students at school and college.
Sum of all semesters' SGPA divided by the total credit hours is the formula to calculate CGPA. SGPA can be used for a shorter time period, while CGPA can be used for a longer time.
How to calculate cgpa from sgpa
The important part of school and college life is marking calculation. There are many ways to calculate your score, but the GPA method is the most popular. Conversion from SGPA and CGPA is one aspect that can be confusing, but it is a very simple concept.
Despite the fact that both SGPA (and CGPA) serve a similar purpose they are different and are calculated independently and using different methods. This online calculator will calculate the SGPA and CGPA.
SGPA to CGPA Calculator - Formula to calculate cgpa from sgpa is
CGPA = (Sum of SGPAs of All Semesters) / (Number of Semesters)
For Example :
If Suresh has secured the SGPA of 8 in 4 semesters.
then his CGPA score would be
CGPA = 8/4 = 2
In this article we have discussed about CGAP, GPA and SGAP grading system. It is impossible to determine which system is best, but there are some facts you can consider. Each system has its advantages and disadvantages.
Like a coin, every thing in the universe has two sides. Both good and bad aspects can be found in these systems. These systems are designed to enhance the academic performance of students.